Sash Windows Lewes
Free factory paint finish upgrade
for customers in Lewes this February.
Services that we can offer in Lewes
- Remove & completely and strip excessive paint.
- Glass removed if cracked & replaced with a mixture of float glass and cylinder hand made glass.
- Sashes repaired if possible using dowels, glue and if major repairs were required, we would use a two part epoxy resin.
- Replacement sashes are made by traditional means, copying the original sashes like for like.
- Draught proofing installed by means of routering, this is hidden in to the joining parts of the window.
- Wet rot can be quite prolific, so to repair the sash windows enabling them to last another generation, all traces can be removed and or treated.
We have carried out many jobs in Lewes, East Sussex and these will uploaded in due course.
Most of the timber sliding box sash windows we look at in Lewes are in listed buildings. This can restrict the services that are available. Most replacement windows would require a planning application if the windows are to be upgraded to double glazing or change in appearance. Straight forward repairs or like for like replacements are not subject planning restrictions. If in doubt we always recommend that check first – Lewes council
Double glazing can sometimes be installed into Grade II listed buildings by using slimlite double glazing or slim line units, fitted into timber frames. Please contact us for more details.