Welcome to Pembroke & Nash Sash Windows, Brighton. We are able to work on many types of sash windows, including timber sash windows, Accoya sash windows, and Hardwood sash windows.
It can be confusing knowing the different types of sash windows, and sash window services available. Hopefully we have made it easier for you and given you a breakdown and description on this page.
Services and information for the following:
- The most popular service we provide is to upgrade the existing sash windows. This en tales replacement of the sashes only and installation of new double glazed sashes. Draught proofing is included as part of the upgrade when we install double glaze sashes. Read more about upgrading your sash windows to double glazed.
- Draught proofing a sash window is essential. This is our second most common request. All modern houses should be draught free and able to retain or at least control heat loss to some degree. This service is most popular in listed buildings where double glazing may not be allowed. Read more about draught proofing your sash windows.
- When working with the existing sash windows, it is fairly common that some repair work will be required. This can be quoted for and then the works can be carried out in tandem with the draught proofing or double glazing. A high standard repair on a sash window is easy when you know how, but unfortunately you will be surprised at how many bad attempts we come across, mainly carried out by decorators. Read more on sash window repairs.
- Knowing who to use and who not to use can be confusing. Online feedback is important. We are members of checkatrade. Our reviews can be viewed here.
- Something just as important as customer feedback, is making sure the Sash Windows and Joinery is right for you and your property. As with any product, there are budget options and high end options. Budget joinery can look the same as high end joinery, but it will not last more than 10 years without some kind of defect showing. Also the range tends to be basic with generic mouldings and can be bland looking. Here at Pembroke & Nash, we make and craft sash windows using traditional techniques. With an emphasis on the quality and the authenticity. We are the market leaders in replacement joinery for Listed Buildings. Please ask to see some examples of the beautiful joinery that comes out of our own workshop, or even a workshop visit. Contact us here.
- We are very proud of the work we carry out and have put a selection of photos in our online gallery for you to view. Previous buildings we have worked on includes Hotels, Country Houses, Public Buildings, Schools and Terraced Houses. Please view our online gallery here.
- The type of timber that is used for your windows and doors is very important. We have choices of Redwoods, Hardwoods and Accoya. Accoya is becoming very popular and is the least known about by our new clients, so please read more about Accoya here.
- Planning consent is something that you will always need to consider when replacing windows in a Conservation area or Listed Building. We have years of experience with this and some very knowledgeable people at Pembroke & Nash. We always recommend that you speak with the council before changing windows and doors. Please read some helpful notes regrading planning here.
- Installing Double Glazing to Listed buildings can be very complicated and difficult to understand. We have further information on this, please read here for installing double glazing into listed buildings.
by Pembroke Nash